25 November 2012

What will your legacy be?

A friend shared this video recently and I think it is great! It's the follow up to a story from decades ago and shows such a clear picture of the impact the Gospel can have on a person, a community, a people, and the world. How remarkable to be able to return years later and see the legacy of faith that remains where one faithful family shared the Gospel in word and deed. I don't know about you, but I want to leave that kind of legacy!

What do you want your legacy to be?

I think that's a good thing to keep in mind as you make decisions and plans. It should help you focus upon that which you spend you time, money, and energy. Because, as Beth Moore say, "The legacy you leave tomorrow is dependent upon the choices you make today."

If you have 15 minutes, check out this great story:


Never the Same from Pioneers-USA on Vimeo.

And I love Nicole Nordeman's song aptly titled- Legacy:


I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me 
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest 
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery 
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best 
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much


I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights 
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl' 
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides 
The temporary trappings of this world


I want to leave a legacy 
How will they remember me? 
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough 
To make a mark on things? 
I want to leave an offering 
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically 
And leave that kind of legacy


I don't have to look too far or too long awhile 
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy 
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile 
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy


Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred 
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

No comments:

Post a Comment